A True Actual Life & Survival Guide
MADE IN THE USA. We design, illustrate and create it all here. The “ACW Compact Reference and Field Manual” (Pocket survival guide) <that’s a link right there to an in depth visual page> Is unlike other booklets out there. From a couple of curious kids long ago in the north country, to now as big (still curious) kids, we have distilled years of research and problem solving into something that’s Tiny, and packed full of useful real world and survival content. It looks different, because it is. Sometimes you just need to create what you dream, in order to have it.
How to solve the problem of creating a “most useful field guide”?
For us it just made sense to first identify it as a problem, then creatively solve that problem.
Keeping it small, mass matters. Keeping it effective. Make it practical & useful for all ages. Create something different. Have it a useful guide for Daily things, and emergency.
IT’S A BOOKLET after all, IT HAS LIMITS.
Our solution to be most effective…
OK, so true, but let’s work in those “limits”, and make some of our own rules. If you become familiar with the Pocket Field Guide, you will more and more realize how un-orthodox it is.
HERE IS SOME OF OUR METHODOLOGY IN “CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING” THE DESIGN:
- Adding a refreshing sense of AWE. Hidden riddles, miscellany and Easter-eggs. Nice (possibly rare) are the times in life when you crack a silly smile. We share and operate as a business to GIVE this. Whether it’s our unique way of supporting or how we design gear. Sort of the business model. Otherwise we could just be silly idiots by ourselves.
- Almost every inch is covered with something. Space is overly maximized.
- “Range” of Topics covered. People live in the real world. True wilderness survival is more of an “off chance” scenario, we therefore included MOUNTAINS of information that we thought most applicable to REAL LIFE.
- Physical add-on features that supplement the user: A Fresnel lens that stores in the back cover. The design of these neat lenses is incredible. Recommend checking out this Wikipedia link for a read.
- Keep in interesting. Interesting quotes, ideas, and humor are woven throughout.
- Focus on MIND-SET. We tried to give a lot of “primer” into’s to effective topics, and ways to look at the world to better prepare ourselves. “Luck favors the well prepared” is true for a reason. Wherever you find yourself, is IN PART at least, a culmination of all your decisions up to the point of “NOW”.
- USABILITY. Procedures, Conversions, Formulas, Tips, Flow-chart, Measuring, Navigation, Expedients, Facts, Symbols, Communication (from non verbal, to Morse code), First aid, Knots, Edible plants, What poison ivy actual looks like, Thoughts on survival, Stories and much more.
Something you can reach for, or remember from when life has a question for you.
…Now that it seems over-hyped, remember it is not a masterpiece, rather a distillery of helpful ingredients. Your the cook. It’s basic, raw, artfully illustrated, thoughtfully composed, and for the price of a drive-thru Happy meal you can be content with such a small investment that’s good for your health too.
When you look at it through this lens, it makes perfect sense. For us it was just a matter of realizing how our brains function and then to apply it just like solving everything else. It’s so simple and just a matter of turning the perspective to a different vantage point.
- If what you want does not exist, find a way to make it exist.
- Actualize. Execute
Well that’s the simple formula. Other ingredients are peppered in along the way that make the difference: Staying on course. Figure out ways to get from A to B. A little whiskey. Applying your strengths. blah bl blah etc… So lets call #3: Persistence. out-last.
We hope you enjoy it. It was made as a way to offer our version of “as much help in the smallest form”, to like minded community members and all folks. So we could share something with others.
The end take-away?
Here’s why you should have your’s.
"Useful . Because survival is problem solving.
Unique. Because you're tired of the usual."
Unlike digital reception, this is always available to you. Piece of mind. Plus contents that are just good to know.
Over all the years, and thoughts, and problem solving solutions. All the preparedness efforts and planning we all do. Scenarios, “what-if’s” and on and on… The king of ALL survival is ADAPTABILITY.
The ability to adjust, based on your current surrounding, material gear, and mental/physical status.
Perfect for young adults or the recent grad leaving the nest…
The ACW Tiny Pocket Survival Guide is a must have for the outdoors types, or the indoors…
Stay safe in these days of the Corona virus. Use the time to connect with loved ones and enjoy the change in pace, from the normal “RAT-RACE” we have become so used to. It’s a good time NOT to panic, but be grateful. Think about how vulnerable we are by not being more self sufficient. Think about reaching out to others in need.
Discover more visuals at the Pocket Survival Guide page here
Visit our home on the web for the Survival guide, and our other unique preparedness gear like the “MAC-Gyver kit”. The ACW MAC-Gyver kit is our effort to embody everything above, like the Tiny Pocket Survival Guide, into a “kit” form. Not too small or big. But loaded with “POSSIBILITIES” for diverse life scenarios. Perfectly geared towards aiding the modern, or not-so-modern problem solving human.
Comment on ways we can add or improve any gear please. It matters. Or just tell us a story.
Fill out our member survey here (it’s cool, and we will hook you up for if you order anything)
“Luck favors the well prepared”